Motor Vehicle Accident Treatment in Mississauga
Most Common Injuries After the Motor Vehicle Accident
The most common injuries after a car accident are neck and back injuries. These can be extremely painful and may require extensive physiotherapy treatment. Other common injuries include:
- Head Injuries: Head injuries should be taken very seriously as they can lead to long-term problems if not treated properly. You may experience headaches, nausea, dizziness, or blurred vision after a head injury.
- Muscle Strains: It is common to experience muscle strains and ligament sprains in a car accident. These can be extremely painful and may take some time to heal completely. Muscle strains can be treated with physiotherapy and usually respond well to treatment.
- Fractures: Fractures are a common result of car accidents. They may require surgery and extensive physiotherapy treatment for healing. Broken bones can be extremely painful and may limit your movement.
- Whiplash: Whiplash is a type of injury that is sustained when the head is suddenly jerked backward and then forwards. This can cause damage to the muscles, ligaments, and discs in the neck. It can take a few weeks for the symptoms to show up. Whiplash can be treated effectively with physiotherapy.
Can physiotherapy help MVA Mississauga patients? How?
If you or anyone you know has been in a motor vehicle accident, you would know that it can cause long-term issues which may be extremely debilitating. Apart from causing physical trauma, it can be extremely difficult to deal with the consequences it has on your mind.
A lot of people develop a fear of driving or being on the road. Sometimes, you may not be able to tell the extent of your injuries right after a car crash. It may take a few days for the symptoms to start appearing.
It is extremely important to get physically examined after a car accident to ensure there are no serious motor vehicle accident injuries that may require immediate hospitalization. Most auto-related injuries can be treated effectively with physiotherapy.
Physiotherapy can help you recover from your injuries after a car accident. It can help to reduce pain, swelling, and inflammation. Moreover, Physiotherapy can also help to improve range of motion, flexibility, and strength. It is important to start physiotherapy as soon as possible after the accident to ensure the best possible outcome. You should consult with a physiotherapist to see what specific treatments would be best for your individual case.
The team of physiotherapists at Proremedy Physiotherapy, are experts in providing physiotherapy, chiropractic and massage treatment for MVA Mississauga patients.
What are the Physiotherapy treatments provided after a Car Accident?
Early medical intervention after a car accident ensures better and faster recovery. It is recommended to always get a physical exam by a medical doctor after a car accident. Some injuries may not seem too serious but leaving them unattended may worsen them over time.
At Proremedy Physiotherapy Mississauga, we create a custom rehabilitation program for you that focuses first on pain relief and then to help you regain mobility and function. Our aim is to help you do the things you love without pain or fear.
Treatments after a car accident may include:
- Proper evaluation of symptoms and range of motion.
- Setting goals to achieve in recovery.
- Pain and symptom Relief.
- Use of modalities like Laser, Shockwave Therapy to help relieve pain.
- Manual Therapy to help reduce pain and stiffness.
- Exercises that help minimize pain and restore strength and mobility.
- Acupuncture and Chiropractic Care.
- Rehabilitation Programs to get back to the activities you love.
Why should you choose Physiotherapy for your MVA Mississauga treatment?
Physiotherapy is a very effective treatment for car accident injuries. It helps to reduce pain and restore mobility and function. Physiotherapists are experts at treating all types of Motor Vehicle Accident injuries and have the necessary skills and knowledge to help you recover quickly.
At Proremedy Physiotherapy Mississauga, our physiotherapists also have access to the latest technology and modalities that can help relieve pain and speed up the healing process.
What can you expect during your first appointment for MVA Treatment in Mississauga, ON?
- Your first treatment session after a car accident will involve a detailed evaluation of your symptoms and range of motion. Your physiotherapist will then set goals for you to achieve in your motor vehicle accident therapy
- Treatment sessions may include the use of modalities like laser or shockwave therapy, manual therapy, exercises, and acupuncture or chiropractic care. Rehabilitation programs are tailored to meet your specific needs.
Experience The Best Motor Vehicle Accident Rehabilitation program in Mississauga
- At Proremedy Physiotherapy, we pride ourselves on providing the best possible motor vehicle accident rehabilitation program in Mississauga. Our goal is to help our clients get back to their normal life as soon as possible.
- We have a team of experienced physiotherapists who will work with you to design a program that is tailored specifically for your needs. We use top-of-the-line technology and modalities that will reduce your pain and speed up the healing process. Contact us today through our contact page or by visiting us at your nearest location for more information and to book an appointment.
Conditions We Treat
Whiplash Associated Disorder is the most commonly occuring injury after a car accident. When a car stops suddenly or gets hit, the head and neck move rapidly forward and backward, oftentimes hitting the back of the car seat. This movement can injure muscles, tendons, soft tissue and also cause neurological signs. Depending on the severity of the whiplash, it can take weeks or months to heal.
Traumatic Brain Injury
Low Back Pain and Injury
Blunt Trauma most commonly occurs to the knees or shoulders of a car driver or passenger. Blunt force can cause knee cap injuries as well as injuries to ligaments of the knee. There may be bruising and swelling to the area of trauma. It is best to get an evaluation done by a professional. Physiotherapists are commonly the first ones to see a patient after a minor car accident. It is recommended to go to a hospital for a detailed evaluation after a major car accident.