Regain the freedom of movement and physical agility with knee pain physiotherapy in Mississauga. The knee is one of the most crucial joints in the human body. It lends necessary support, strength, and balance to your body. Unfortunately, as you primarily rely on them for your day-to-day activities, knees are more vulnerable to injuries, sprain, and wear and tear. Regardless of your age, knee pain can affect you and cause severe unbearable pain. It can even restrict your mobility, preventing you from performing normal daily activities. Physiotherapy for knee pain is an effective remedy known to end all discomforts and woes related to your knees. A good physiotherapy program can address the majority of knee pain issues while mitigating their chances of reoccurrence.
What Causes Knee Pain?Knee pain can occur due to injuries, mechanical issues, and several muscles and joint conditions. At Proremedy Physiotherapy, we specialize in treating all sorts of knee pain problems. Below are the common knee pain causes treatable at our clinic:
- Fractures/Trauma injuries
- IT band syndrome
- Patello-Femoral Syndrome
- Meniscal tears
- Ligament breakup
- Bakers’ cyst
- Avascular necrosis
- Larsen Johansson Syndrome
- Osteochondritis dessicans (OCD)
- Chondral defects
- Jumper’s knee
- Osgood-Schlatter’s disease
- Plica syndrome
- Pes anserine bursitis
Common Signs and Symptoms of Knee PainThe signs and symptoms of your knee pain may vary depending upon the cause and severity of the issue. However, the commonly reported signs and symptoms are:
- Consistent pain in the knee
- Limited motion through the knee
- Stiffness or restricted movement of the knee
- Swelling and tenderness in and around the knee area
- Clicking or crunching noises in certain knee movements
- Difficulty in walking, bending or performing other activities
- Instability experienced while putting your weight through your knee
Expedite Recovery with Knee Pain Physiotherapy AssessmentThe sooner you start, the better the result. A detailed knee pain physiotherapy assessment can ensure early diagnosis and treatment of the issue from the root. Knee pain occurs for several reasons; therefore, it requires a distinct diagnosis and treatment plan tailored to your specific needs. Also Read: Low Back Pain Physiotherapy
Proremedy Physiotherapy – Knee Pain Physiotherapy Assessment Plan
- A detailed Patient Summary, including:
- Problem History.
- Major complaints.
- Activity level.
- General observation to analyze posture and movement.
- Evaluation of extent of motion.
- Evaluation of strength.
- Knee stability.
- Proprioception and balance tests.
- Functional movement screening.
- Small knee bend, Sit to Stand, Jump, Run, Squat, Hop.
- Orthopedic tests.
- Palpation and inspection of painful parts.
Knee Pain Physiotherapy TreatmentPhysiotherapy treatment can help you address your knee pain to a great extent. This is because it follows a holistic approach to pain management. A thorough assessment of the knee combined with a treatment plan by a certified physiotherapist can help you address all related issues, including pain, swelling, restricted motion, and strength loss. At Proremedy Physiotherapy, our knee pain treatment plan aims to restore flexibility and mobility of your knee joints. Our course of treatment depends on the severity of the issue, the patient’s lifestyle, fitness level, final diagnosis, and stage of injury. In addition, our plans are designed to reverse the damage and prevent such episodes in the future. Also Read: Physiotherapy for Urinary Incontinence
Get Assured High-Quality Care with Proremedy Knee Pain PhysiotherapyWith us, you get the best. Our Physiotherapy treatment for knee pain will include:
- Rehabilitation Physiotherapy.
- Patient Education and Counseling.
- Physiotherapy exercise program for knee joint pain.
- Physical therapy modalities such as electrotherapy, ultrasound, acupuncture, heat, and cold packs.
When Should You See a Knee Pain Physiotherapist?
- Intense pain accompanied by fever.
- Prolonged pain beyond 5-6 days.
- Deformity around the knee.
- Continuous swelling, warmth, and redness. /li>
- The emergence of sudden knee pain even without any injury.
- Buckling or locking in the knee portion.
- Difficulty walking or moving the injured side.
Custom Goal Orientated Physiotherapy Programs for Your Knee RecoveryProremedy Physiotherapy offers the best Knee Pain Physiotherapy in Mississauga. Backed by knowledge, industry experience, and the latest technology solutions, we strive to provide our patients the personalized care they need to overcome their knee pain. When you consult us, we perform a detailed assessment of your problem and create a plan around the outcomes you desire to achieve. So, whether you are an athlete looking to raise your performance or an elderly wishing to lead a pain-free life, our bespoke physiotherapy solutions will help you attain your functional goals for the long term. Contact Proremedy Physiotherapy today on 905 796 4647 to book an appointment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is at higher risk of developing knee pain?
Knee pain is highly prevalent among:
- Older age groups.
- Obese people.
- Individuals who have weak muscle conditions.
What is the ideal duration for physiotherapy treatment?
The duration for physiotherapy treatment is subject to vary from patient to patient. It relies on the severity of the patient’s condition and response to the treatment being provided to them. However, in the case of sports injuries, the duration tends to be higher than for regular pain issues.
How to avoid knee pain in everyday life?
- Maintain appropriate weight.
- Perform low-impact exercises.
- Consume food rich in proteins and fiber.
- Limited long hours standing, walking, kneeling, and squatting.
- Warm-up before exercising.
- Weight train muscles for strength building.