How do I prepare for a physio appointment?
Whilst preparing yourself for your physio appointment, make sure you write down your symptoms so you don’t forget to mention anything. If there are any investigations or diagnostic reports from a specialist, it is best to bring a copy with you. Be clear on what your goals are from this treatment. Write down your questions so you don’t miss out on anything and can use the time to your maximum advantage.
What should I wear to my first physiotherapy appointment?
While you visit the Physiotherapy center, don’t forget to bring shorts and a T-shirt along with you. You may need to undress down to underwear during your treatment. Hence, it would be advisable to wear appropriate shorts or a singlet.
Is there free parking?
Yes, there is ample space for free parking outside the clinic.
What is the cost of Physiotherapy in Mississauga Ontario?
Fees for your appointment will depend on if you’re seeing the physiotherapist for pelvic floor Physiotherapy or for other conditions like any muscle or bone health issue. Initial assessment and treatment are longer appointments and cost more. Discounted rates are provided for seniors and students. Call our experts for more details and to find out if you qualify for any rebates.
Which insurance companies do you accept for direct billing?
We accept and bill for all major insurance companies including but not limited to Canada Life, Sun Life Financial, Manulife, BPA, Group Health, Group source, Johnson, Johnston Group, Desjardins, Claim Secure, Cowan and many more. If you don’t see the name of your insurance in this list, we may still be able to bill directly for you. Contact our office for further details.
Information About Our Logo?
Here is what our logo designer has to say about the logo she created after careful consideration and multiple discussions. She really understood the essence of this venture and put soul in our logo design. “The left spiral(blue) represents calm and healing while the spine (on the right) represents vibrancy and vitality of life. The left also represents the masculine side and the right feminine since your practice deals with issues particular to both genders. And the movement of the two spirals, intertwined, represents harmony.”
What to Expect?
- As you make an appointment at Proremedy Physiotherapy, you will receive an email with confirmation.
- You can choose to fill out the intake forms online. Online forms are easy and get submitted with just a click of a button. It’s a paperless procedure that not only saves time but also is environment-friendly. Or, you can fill offline forms when you visit the clinic.
- You can choose to be reminded of your appointment via email, text, or both.
- After the confirmation of your appointment, the physiotherapist will walk you to your treatment room. The therapist will use this session as an initial assessment to know your aim and goals for yourself.
- You will also receive hands-on treatment according to your needs. You can rely on the therapist to always educate you and give advice on how to better manage your condition.
- To make you self-reliant, we provide you, a home exercise plan on the first day of treatment itself. You will always be seen one-on-one.
Do seniors pay for physiotherapy in Mississauga?
We at Proremedy Physiotherapy provide special discounted rates for not only seniors but also for students and some other patients as well to help patients recover from illness, surgery or injury, etc.
How long does a physio appointment last?
Usually, physio sessions last between 30 minutes to an hour, but this depends on the situation. The first appointment can usually be longer because time can be taken to take a patient’s medical history.
What should I expect on the day of my first physiotherapy session?
The Physiotherapist will make the patient do some basic body movements like standing, sitting, or lying. They may also ask you to move your limbs to make sure of the flexibility in your body to get a sense of what is happening in your body tissues. In most cases, the tests conducted are pain-free but some may cause mild discomforts.
Is Physiotherapy covered by OHIP?
Physiotherapy is covered by OHIP (Ontario Health Insurance Plan) if advised by your doctor but only at OHIP facilities.
Can I use my extended health insurance for Physiotherapy?
Yes. Your extended Health insurance can be used for Physiotherapy services. We bill directly to all major insurance companies. For more details about direct billing and how to set it up, contact our office.
How can Physiotherapy help you?
- Personalized Exercise Programs to improve your strength, range of motion, and function.
- Joint Mobilization and Manipulation to minimize pain and inflexibility.
- Active Release Therapy to enhance the range of motion and muscle tightness.
- Laser and Interferential Current Therapy along with other Electrical Therapy Modalities to relieve pain, reduce swelling, speed up the healing process and also improve body movements and their functions.
- Breathing Exercises, Chest Expansion Exercises, Postural Education and Correction.
- Pelvic Health Physiotherapy – Management of incontinence (leakage of urine when coughing, sneezing, laughing, or exercising), and a wide variety of other pelvic health issues including Pelvic Floor Re-Education.
- Performing functional activities, tolerance testing, and training.
- Removing barriers to help you achieve the highest level of function.